About Us: EMCOR Facilities Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate need for a HVAC Mechanic in
Franklin Lakes, NJ
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The HVAC Mechanic responsible for the operations,
repairs, replacement and preventative maintenance of commercial and industrial air conditioning
and heating systems, chillers and boilers, air handlers, fan coil units, water treatment equipment,
controls and other building mechanical and electrical equipment.
The candidate will take direction from the Lead HVAC Technician. The preferred candidate will be familiar with kitchen and
refrigeration equipment and all refrigerants. The individual must be self-motivated and work with little supervision. Good communication skills; verbal and written are imperative, as one must be able to properly and completely fill out EMCOR required Preventive Maintenance (PM) forms, job orders/work request forms, inventory forms and daily time sheets. The individual must maintain safe work practices in support of the OSHA Health and Safety, NFPA 70e and
ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Compliance standards as it applies when performing the assigned
duties. The individual will be responsible to complete the refrigerant usage log as required.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Read, write and communicate in the English language.
* 5 years of experience in maintaining similar type and size commercial equipment, along with a current Universal CFC certification
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform duties with minimal supervision in isolated areas.
* Knowledge and experience in the proper use and safe operation of hand tools, equipment and testing devices necessary to perform all work assignments.
* Valid Vehicle Operators license
* Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). i.e. but not limited to, Dust
mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection.
* Working knowledge of desktop computers and Internet based programs to perform
required annual training.
* Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations.
* Ability to work various schedules and shifts, including on-call.
* Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: air conditioning, air filter, fuel, heat, hvac technician, hvac r, insulation, repair, thermographer, ventilation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.